Ph.D (Rutgers University)
M.Eng.(Chinese Academy of Sciences)
B.Sc. (Peking University)
- Computer Vision
- Image Processing; Pattern Recognition
- Machine Learning
Professor Huang received his B.Sc. degree from Peking University (1999), M.Eng. degree from Chinese Academy of Sciences (2002), and Ph.D. degree (2008) from Rutgers University. He went on working as a postdoctoral researcher at Rutgers University, before coming back to China in 2010 and joined Huazhong University of Science and Technology as a faculty member. From 2012 to 2016 he was a research scientist in NEC Laboratories China. He is now an Associate Professor in The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen.
Professor Huang has worked on various research topics including subspace analysis, deformable models, probabilistic graphical models, and their applications in computer vision, pattern recognition and medical imaging. His more recent research focuses on machine learning methods for intelligent video surveillance, including pedestrian detection, tracking, identification, etc. Currently he is working on vision for robotics. He has published more than 50 papers in related areas and has been the principal investigator of various research grants.
1. Learning Structure of Stereoscopic Image for No-reference Quality Assessment with Convolutional Neural Network, Wei Zhang, Chenfei Qu, Lin Ma, Jingwei Guan, Rui Huang in Pattern Recognition, Vol. 59, 2016.
2. Multi-target Tracking Using Hough Forest Random Field, Jun Xiang, Nong Sang, Jianhua Hou, Rui Huang, Changxin Gao in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, Vol. 26, No. 11, 2016.
3. Recognizing Focal Liver Lesions in CEUS with Dynamically Trained Latent Structured Models, Xiaodan Liang, Liang Lin, Qingxing Cao, Rui Huang, Yongtian Wang in IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 35, No. 3, 2016.
4. A Spatio-temporal Appearance Representation for Video-based Pedestrian Re-identification, Kan Liu, Bingpeng Ma, Wei Zhang, Rui Huang in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV’15), 2015.
5. Person Search in a Scene by Jointly Modeling People Commonness and Person Uniqueness, Yuanlu Xu, Bingpeng Ma, Rui Huang, Liang Lin in Proceedings of ACM Multimedia (ACM MM’14), 2014.
6. Real-Time Skin Color Detection under Rapidly Changing Illumination Conditions, Leyuan Liu, Nong Sang, Saiyong Yang, Rui Huang in IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, Vol. 57, No. 3, Aug, 2011.
7. A Level Set Method for Image Segmentation in Presence of Intensity Inhomogeneities with Application to MRI, Chunming Li, Rui Huang, Zhaohua Ding, J. Chris Gatenby, Dimitris N. Metaxas, John C. Gore in IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 20, No. 7, Jul, 2011.
8. A Variational Level Set Approach to Segmentation and Bias Correction of Images with Intensity Inhomogeneity, Chunming Li, Rui Huang, Zhaohua Ding, J. Chris Gatenby, Dimitris N. Metaxas, John C. Gore in Proceedings of International Conference on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI’08), 2008.
9. Embedded Profile Hidden Markov Models for Shape Analysis, Rui Huang, Vladimir Pavlovic, Dimitris N. Metaxas in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV’07), 2007.
10. A Graphical Model Framework for Coupling MRFs and Deformable Models, Rui Huang, Vladimir Pavlovic, Dimitris N. Metaxas in Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR’04), 2004.